Wednesday 14 October 2015

Home Decor: Some serious couchspiration

Cushions adding inspiration to the couch

I function at my best when I create an uplifting atmosphere around me. And by uplifting, I am not advocating spending a ton of money buying loads of stuff. However, I do believe that it all lies in the small details and if done properly, this can create a lot of positivity around.

When I moved into my current location, I started thinking about how to create a space that I could identify with and to be honest; I am still taking baby steps and working towards it. I thought it would be interesting to share this journey with you and hopefully, it will provide some ideas and inspiration for others as well.

The first place I decided to attack was where I spend most of my time in: the living room. The easiest thing I could do was to add a little something extra on to the couch, which kind of occupies most of the space in this room. I looked around and finally settled for these cute cushions which even though they scream “inspiration overload”, I still like them a lot. I believe they add in a nice contrasting colour scheme against the dark brown couch. Also, to neutralise things a tiny bit, I also threw in a completely neutral one to the lot…!!

The rest of the room still requires work and I will share the updates as and when they happen. But for now, I hope you like the pictures.


Close up of the cushions adding some inspiration to the couch

Close up of the dream cushion

Close up of the Laugh cushion

Close up of the Live Laugh Love cushion

Alternate view of the cushions adding some inspiration to the couch


Cushions: Espace Maison
Throw: Arcasa Boutique (now closed but similar available in Courts)

xoxo

2 comments: