Tuesday 19 January 2016

Mon Choisy Beach, Mauritius



Hi Guys,

Happy New Year!! Can’t believe its 2016…..!! Today, I decided to do a post on the Mon Choisy beach here in Mauritius. Sorry I have been missing for the last couple of weeks….but I’m back now and hoping to do more regular posts. On another note, I would like to know from you guys what kind of posts you enjoy more…your inputs will help me decide my choice of topics because obviously, I want to be focussing more on stuff that you guys would like to read. So do let me know in the comments below.

Last weekend, I visited one of my favourite beaches in Mauritius, Mon Choisy. It is located in the north western coast of the island and I believe, is the longest beach in Mauritius. Just like all other beaches in Mauritius, Mon Choisy is also characterised by its pristine, turquoise waters and white sand. There waves are very gentle and in general, like other Mauritian beaches, the sea is very calm here as well.

There are stretches of Casuarina trees, commonly known as Filao trees, all along the beach. They provide the most needed, soothing shade to all those who want to relax and chill out on the beach. Needless to say, they look pretty exotic as well!

We went there late afternoon, just in time for sunset. It is a great place to enjoy a day out with family or friends and have a beach picnic or you could just be there for a few hours and enjoy the fresh air and epic views.

How to get there?
The best way to reach Mon Choisy Beach is by taking a taxi either from Port Louis (Capital of Mauritius) or from anywhere else from the island; unless you are using your own transport, of course!

As usual, I am sharing some pictures that I took at sunset. Hope you like them!

Mon Choisy Beach, Mauritius

Mon Choisy Beach, Mauritius

Mon Choisy Beach, Mauritius

Mon Choisy Beach, Mauritius


Mon Choisy Beach, Mauritius

Mon Choisy Beach, Mauritius

Mon Choisy Beach, Mauritius

Mon Choisy Beach, Mauritius
The glorious pink cloud...!!
Mon Choisy Beach, Mauritius

Mon Choisy Beach, Mauritius

Mon Choisy Beach, Mauritius

That's it for today....if you liked this post, please feel free to comment and share. See you soon…!


Xoxo



2 comments:

  1. Can you post some pics of stars on a glorious night....and of big clouds forming on the beach there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure buddy...will see what I can do :-D How are you doing with your blogs btw??

      Delete