Tuesday 1 December 2015

These are a few of my favourite things….



These are a few of my favourite things

Do you remember that song, “These are a few of my favourite things” from The Sound of Music? I absolutely love that song…always have..!! Today it has been a rather gloomy day here in Mauritius. It has been cloudy the whole time and now it is chucking down with rain…!! Well, so to cheer myself up, I thought I would make a list of all my teeny weeny favourite things and share the same with you all!!

So, without further ado, here is the list of my 15 favourite things (in no particular order) which never fail to cheer me up no matter what the weather looks like outside..!! Of course, there are many, many more but maybe that will be another post!

My Guess Watch

These are a few of my favourite things
 This watch is really close to my heart as it is a gift and also very cute looking. I love everything about it….the large dial, the thick straps and the sturdy industrial look. It is the perfect combination of elegant and tough.

The bedside lamp

These are a few of my favourite things

These are a few of my favourite things

This bedside lamp (which the hubs chose, by the way) looks like a mixture of a globe and a crystal ball….!!! I do like it a lot though because of its slightly enigmatic appearance and intricate patterns…!!

The tiny pup

These are a few of my favourite things

These are a few of my favourite things

This tiny stuffed puppy was a gift from the hubs many light years ago…!!! It has remained the same though and I mean, how cute is it, really!!

The bell

These are a few of my favourite things

This little bell was also a gift and I somehow always feel so happy looking at it.

The morning sun peeking through the curtains

These are a few of my favourite things

I just love it when the sun rises and the early morning sunshine peeks in through the curtains. Watching a new day being born is such an elevating feeling. 

Blue Skies

These are a few of my favourite things

Clear blue skies are magical. I think that conveys the point, right?

My worn out, dirty and lovely Converses

Converse: These are a few of my favourite things

I don’t know what I would do without these. I absolutely love them and the more worn out and rugged they get; the more I seem to enjoy them. There’s honestly nothing more comfortable than these, in my opinion.


The smiley ball

These are a few of my favourite things

This is the cutest thing ever, and perhaps one of my favourite favourites. It is this squishy smiley ball, now covered in paint splutters…!! It was a gift from my sister many years ago and I always carry it with me no matter where I am going. It is such a precious little gift.


Tiny ballerina

These are a few of my favourite things

These are a few of my favourite things

This tiny ballerina was a gift from my childhood best friend some 8 or 9 years ago. It is therefore very close to my heart and I think I have taken good care of her over the years…so very pleased about that.

Fresh blooms

These are a few of my favourite things

I simply love flowers and seeing them bloom just makes my day.

Fresh mint leaves

These are a few of my favourite things

I love mint in all shapes, forms and sizes and seeing fresh mint leaves grow just makes me happy beyond measure.

Stacks and stacks of old books

These are a few of my favourite things

These are a few of my favourite things

These are a few of my favourite things

Yes, I am a severe bookworm. I have always been that way. You can bury me among books and I will be the happiest there. I love the look, feel and smell of old books so this shelf right here is my heaven..!!

Bangle

These are a few of my favourite things

These are a few of my favourite things

I had bought this bangle on a special day so it is quite dear to my heart. Although, in general, I think it is so pretty and just this one bangle can be such a great accessory for any ethnic outfit. I also love the rose gold colour, so this was an obvious choice!!

Candles

Yankee Candle These are a few of my favourite things

I absolutely love candles and can light them everywhere at all times…!! They make my space come alive.

Friendship Mug

These are a few of my favourite things

This mug was also a gift from a friend and it always brings back fond memories of some great times. 

Phew! So that brings us to the end of this rather long list. I'm saving the others for later..haha!!

What are some of your favourite things? Do share; would love to listen.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment