Thursday 12 November 2015

Dealing with rejection: Why rejection can sometimes be a good thing…

Catchpressions.blogspot.com: Dealing with rejection

We have all been through rejection at some point in our lives. It could be a rejection while trying for that post at work, that job interview, that relationship or just about anything. When rejection happens, naturally the mind tends to sink thinking it is potentially the end of the road with that prospect.

However, what I have learnt from experience is that rejection can often be a good thing. Here’s why:

Propels you towards something better
Looking back, I have observed that in most cases, rejection has propelled me towards something better. Getting rejected at one place led me to other avenues which eventually proved to be better options for me. Rejection has actually led me to consider other alternatives which often turned out to be more profitable.

Makes you develop new skills
Each time I encountered rejection, I saw myself working towards developing more skills; learning that new technology or understanding a new theory or just developing some new skill which has enhanced my portfolio greatly.

Helps you grow stronger
There is no denying that rejection has made me very strong emotionally and mentally. Just like it has led me to better options, it has also strengthened me as an individual in the process.

Brings out hidden talents
Rejection has the ability to lead one to a space of solitude and when that happens, one tends to find some relief through engaging oneself in a hobby or sport or any other creative pursuit. In this process, often hidden talents get manifested, which is a rather beautiful thing.

I now see rejection as pathways to progress and growth. Therefore, I am grateful to all those who say "No" to me because they are those who propel me to push my boundaries and in fact, get closer to where I need to go.

Have you had similar experiences? Do share…

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment